Two Weeks ago, George Floyd was murdered in the streets of Minneapolis. George Floyd, a black man whose body was treated like nothing, was killed by a police officer, while three other police officers stood by. All of this was caught on camera as another example of police brutality against black people. Ever since then, the cities of the world and especially in the US have exploded with protests, calls of action, calls for reform, calls for resignations, and calls for systemic change.
I invited two people who will be able to speak on their experience living as black people here in Edmonton. We will talk about what’s it like to be black here, as well as invite them to share their thoughts about the moment in America and here in Canada.
“Leaving Teaching” with Garrett Carlson – Modern Manhood: The Podcast
- Cold Takes: Sexual Violence Awareness and Men’s Happiness equals to doing what you love, but what does that mean?
- Ep 108: “The Murder of George Floyd Pt 2” with John Morrison and Josh Indi Leidy
- Ep 107: The Murder of George Floyd w/ Avry Lewis-McDougall and Sharon Ruyter
- Ep 106: Cold Takes – Joe Biden/Tara Reade and the History of Social Work
- Ep 105: “Hockey has a Problem” – Hockey’s history with Racism and Misogyny