The Murder of George Floyd has sparked an international wave of reconsideration and doubt over many things. Many things that we may have considered as normal.
The main one has been around the idea of policing. What does policing look like in the modern world? And is it broken? And do we even need it? Questions that not only question the role of one of the most established institutions that we have, but questions that break open what systemic racism looks like in the US, Canada, and throughout the world.
I wanted to speak to John Morrison and Josh Indi Leidy from the Serious Rap Shit podcast in the US about not only the wave shift, the idea of police abolition, but also their fight to remove a Philadelphia acknowledgment of Frank Rizzo.
BLM Resources: https://blmyeg.ca/resources
Anti-Black Police Racism Kit: https://www.bashirmohamed.com/blog/2020/6/2/edmontontoolkit
Edmonton’s Top 20 Problematic Names: https://www.theprogressreport.ca/edmonton_s_top_20_most_racist_and_problematic_place_names
Cold Takes: Sexual Violence Awareness and Men's Happiness equals to doing what you love, but what does that mean? – Modern Manhood: The Podcast
- Cold Takes: Sexual Violence Awareness and Men's Happiness equals to doing what you love, but what does that mean?
- "The Murder of George Floyd Pt 2" with John Morrison and Josh Indi Leidy
- "The Murder of George Floyd" w/ Avry Lewis-McDougall and Sharon Ruyter
- Cold Takes: Joe Biden/Tara Reade and The History of Social Work
- "Hockey has a Problem" – Hockey's history with Racism and Misogyny