Today Veronika has a special treat in which she will share with us some findings of Sexual Violence awareness campaigns she’s learned. As well we talk about the Male Happiness Scale and what really makes men happy (Hint: It’s Jobs).
Research on Sexual Violence
- Amy R. Baugher and Julie A. Gazmararian: Masculine gender role stress and violence: A literature review and future directions
- Carline, A., Gunby, C., & Taylor, S. (2018). Too drunk to consent? Exploring the contestations and disruptions in male-focused sexual violence prevention interventions. Social & Legal Studies, 27(3), 299-322. https://www.doi.org/10.1177/0964663917713346
- Silver, N., & Hovick, S. (2018). A schema of denial: The influence of rape myth acceptance on beliefs, attitudes, and processing of affirmative consent campaign messages. Journal of Health Communication, 23(6), 505-513. https://doi.org/10.1080/10810730.2018.1473532
Resources on Sexual Violence
- I am with you
- Jeffrey Epstien documentary
- Catch and Kill
- Athlete A
Restorative Justice & Sexual Violence
- Traditional justice system responses don’t work for us (and we know it)
- Restorative Justice
- Difficult, but really wild TED Talk – Our story of rape and reconciliation | Thordis Elva and Tom Stranger.. Tom raped Thordis when they were teenagers….their ted talk together.